MBD Group celebrates Establishment Day with remarkable business journey
New Delhi, 30th Sept 2021: MBD group, one of the leading education company in India is celebrating65th Establishment Day. The journey of the group started in the year 1956, under the exemplary leadership and entrepreneurial abilities of its Founder, Shri Ashok Kumar Malhotra. In order to commemorate the journey which is full of achievements and milestones, various CSR activities were conducted at Radisson Blu hotel MBD Ludhiana & Radisson Blu MBD Noida. As part of the CSR activity, kids from various NGOs were invited for movie screening and dining at the hotel’s Brasserie ‘The Chocolate Box’ with an aim of letting the kids experience fine hospitality and spend quality time with them.
Ms. Monica Malhotra Kandhari, Managing Director, MBD Group said, “I am extremely delighted to announce our group’s successful completion of 65 glorious years. Over these years, we have grown bigger, better, stronger in different ways, following our founder Shri Ashok Kumar Malhotra’s core values of integrity, compassion and courage and inclusive culture. We have expanded our reach, achieved many milestones, be it in Education, Publishing or Hospitality. We have transformed from a small book shop in Jalandhar to become one of the leading education and hospitality brand in India”.
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Sonica Malhotra Kandhari, Joint Managing Director, MBD Group said, “This is an incredible milestone for our company and we have achieved great success through the hard work, innovative spirit, passion and dedication of our team members. This special day also serves as a perfect opportunity to remember our Founder’s vision which guided the Group’s expansion and diversification goals. And as we look forward, we will continue to work diligently to exceed the expectations of our customers and embark on our Founder’s vision of taking MBD Group to remarkable heights year on year”.
Mrs Satish Bala Malhotra, Chairperson of MBD Group said, “Shri Malhotra was a dynamic leader and believed in the power of education as a tool of change and empowerment. Also, being an entrepreneur par excellence, he envisioned the Group’s diversification into other sectors and it was under his aegis that the company, initially having roots in education sector diversified into various other verticals such as printing press, e-learning to hospitality, retail and design and construction in India and abroad. We are thankful to the people, customers, stakeholders everyone who was there with us over these years and supported us in our journey to make it a success”.
Some of the key highlights of the Group’s successful journey are as under:
- MBD (Malhotra Book Depot) started in Jalandhar in 1956
- Launch of MBD Refresher Guides and all India Graduate Books in 1968 & 1972
- Started publishing books under Modern and Holyfaith International from Nursery to Class 12th in 1986
- Started exporting books to SAARC Nations, South Africa and Sri Lanka in 1996
- Launched e-Learning vertical MBD Alchemie in 1998
- Launch of first five-star deluxe hotel of Noida Radisson Blu MBD Noida in 2003
- Started operations of MBD Paper Mill Ludhiana in 2010
- Launch of Radisson Blu MBD Ludhiana, first International Publishing office in South Africa & MBD Neopolis Jalandhar in 2012
- Launch of a new business vertical Nytra in 2013
- JV between MBD and Steigenberger in 2016
- Launch of MBD Express, the company’s organic brand in 2019
- Launched “AASOKA” – the Powering, Adaptive and Personalised Learning app in 2021
Today, MBD Group has its presence in 3 continents, 30 countries and 5000 cities, and publishes 50 million books a year and around 30 million notebooks. The Group has more than 3000 number of employees and a wide network of distributors and booksellers across the country. It is the only publisher which publishes books for all classes, all subjects, and all educational boards in India and in most of the languages spoken in the country along with a few international languages.